What is the Literacy Task Force?
The Literacy Task Force of Northern Wisconsin promotes, provides, and develops literacy opportunities to serve children, adults, and their families in Northern Wisconsin.
The mission is accomplished through our goals:
- To train area volunteer tutors and teachers to work with individuals with moderate to severe reading and spelling difficulties
- To raise funds for literacy training, partial scholarships, tutoring support and resource materials for trainees, parents, and persons of low literacy
- To raise public awareness about the impact of reading and spelling difficulties
- To connect parents/persons needing tutoring with trained resource persons
Who We Are
The Literacy Task Force of Northern Wisconsin (LTF-NW) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping families and individuals in north central Wisconsin who struggle with reading and spelling. We are parents, educators and concerned citizens. LTF-NW partners with the Wisconsin Branch of the International Dyslexia Association (WIBIDA), Wisconsin Literacy, Inc., American Association of University Women (AAUW) and Nicolet Area Technical College.
What We Do
- We provide tutoring for struggling children and adults.
- We train reading tutors using scientifically researched methods. Our teaching starts at a person’s reading and spelling level and takes a systematic approach.
- We give talks about literacy to area agencies, organizations, and schools.
- We raise money for training scholarships and resource materials.
Literacy Tutor Training
The tutor training courses are held each summer. Participants have hands-on experiences tutoring a child or adult who has moderate to severe reading and spelling difficulties. Tutoring occurs under the close supervision of instructors trained in Orton-Gillingham (multisensory structured language) instructional methodologies. An advanced training course is offered in August. Scholarships are available. Sign up to be added to our mailing list to receive more information.
Support The Literacy Task Force
Make a Donation or
Become a Member
Need help reading? Select website text you want to read and listen to it.
Sign up to receive news and updates from the LTF.
Become a Member
For a minimal $20 membership you would be helping the Literacy Task Force promote, provide, and develop literacy opportunities to serve children, adults, and their families in North Central Wisconsin.