Rescheduled due to COVID-19 restrictions
Advanced Literacy Training
July 26-30, [email protected] 9am-4pm each day
Nicolet College, Rhinelander WI
Trainer: Dr. Tammy Tillotson
* Due to class restrictions related to the Corona virus this training has been rescheduled for next year.
Brat Stand Fundraiser
To be determined, due to COVID-19 restrictions
The Literacy Task Force of Northern Wisconsin will be at the
Minocqua Trig's Brat Stand.
We are also looking for volunteers, contact Peggy at 715-277-2019
Tackling the Problem of Illiteracy
It's hard to comprehend what life is like for the millions of people who can't experience the pleasure, intellectual growth and opportunity that reading brings because they are illiterate.
A conversation with Literacy Task Force of Northern Wisconsin President Peggy Steber.
Need help reading? Select website text you want to read and listen to it.
To make surfing the web and reading emails easier, many web browsers have text-to-speech plugins.
What is the Literacy Task Force?
Who We Are
The Literacy Task Force of Northern Wisconsin (LTF-NW) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping families and individuals in north central Wisconsin who struggle with reading and spelling. We are parents, educators and concerned citizens. LTF-NW partners with the Wisconsin Branch of the International Dyslexia Association (WIBIDA), Wisconsin Literacy, Inc., American Association of University Women (AAUW) and Nicolet Area Technical College.
What We Do
- We provide tutoring for struggling children and adults.
- We train reading tutors using scientifically researched methods. Our teaching starts at a person’s reading and spelling level and takes a systematic approach.
- We give talks about literacy to area agencies, organizations, and schools.
- We raise money for training scholarships and resource materials.
Sign up to receive news and updates from the LTF.
Become a Member
For a minimal $20 membership you would be helping the Literacy Task Force promote, provide, and develop literacy opportunities to serve children, adults, and their families in North Central Wisconsin.